Treat your family & home
to clean softened water
About Hard Water
Drinking Water Systems
Water touches practically every room in your home. Its quality affects how your water tastes and smells, the food you cook, how your skin and hair feel and even how your appliances, fixtures and plumbing look and last. There are so many ways that better water can make a difference in your life. Click on any of the following links below to learn more about the issue and what Kinetico recommends as a solution.
But did you know that filtering your drinking water is just as important as eating right? Unfiltered tap water could contain contaminants such as bacteria, pharmaceuticals, to name a few.
Throughout the UK there are areas of hard and soft water, however it important to bear in mind that, just because you live in a soft water area that you won’t benefit from pure filtered water.
While within all of the area of the UK, when it rains the rainwater itself is actually soft, however as it passes through limestone rich area of the Southern parts of the UK, like Kent, Essex, and Greater London, this originally soft water picks up deposits of a number of minerals, like excess calcium and magnesium.
Common Water Problems And Contaminants
- Hard Water: contains dissolved calcium, magnesium and, in many cases, iron.
- Cloudy Water: murky or greyish water is usually caused by dissolved or suspended solids.
- Chlorine Taste and Smell: chlorine has been used as a disinfectant to kill harmful bacteria in
wateritself or the pipes that transport it.
- Bad Taste and Odours: “rotten egg”, earthy flavour and metallic tastes.
- Water Stains: can be caused by water hardness, iron, dissolved minerals or natural acid in your water, or a combination of these.
- Limescale: eliminate chalky white marks and stains from fixtures.